Photo

U.S. Rep. Brad Miller: ‘If Duke was playing the Taliban, I’d have to pull for the Taliban’

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Redneck

Redneck

The Original Goat Sacker

• Root Admin
  • 57,844 posts
  • Interests:Basketball
  • Sex:Male
  • Favorite player:
    AK47 and DWade
  • Fav. NBA Team:
    uta
  • Fav NFL Team:
    buf
  • Fav. MLB Team:
    bos
  • Fav. NHL team:
    buf
  • proud citizen of:us

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/us-rep-brad-miller-duke-playing-taliban-d-191910616.html

U.S. Rep. Brad Miller, who represents North Carolina's 13th district in the U.S. House of Representatives, is done being polite or impartial about the college basketball allegiances in his state.
After all, he's not seeking reelection.
So when contacted by the Associated Press, Miller, a North Carolina fan, pulled no punches when it came to rival Duke.
"I have said very publicly that if Duke was playing against the Taliban," Miller said very publicly again, "then I'd have to pull for the Taliban."
Yeah, good thing he's not seeking reelection because I don't see that happening.
Pulling for the Taliban in anything — even a game against Duke — a good way to get Homeland Security knocking on your door. Not to mention draw the ire of all Duke-loving constituents.
As for NC State, Miller said he has no problem cheering for the Wolfpack as long as they're not playing the Tar Heels.
"The way I deal with it is, I scream my lungs out for Carolina," Miller said. "I make no pretense that I am at all half-hearted in my support for Carolina. Nobody in North Carolina would trust a politician who claimed to be neutral on a matter as important as college basketball."
I hope North Carolina faithful appreciate Miller's devotion. The fact that he holds the Taliban in higher regard than the Blue Devils is quite a testament to the depth of that rivalry.

"sex is like math you add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope not to multiply"

#2 TheOnlyPistonFanInTheWorld

TheOnlyPistonFanInTheWorld

Breaking dat Glass

• Elite Member
  • 4,907 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

that's just stupid to say, we all have teams that we hate but I wouldn't want something like the taliban prevailing over the Celtics,Pacers or Tar Heels.
Posted Image

Where will Dwight Howard go? Nowhere?

#3 Hot-Shots

Hot-Shots

The Sweetest Thing

• Elite Member
  • 4,018 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, photography, cell phones, and basketball.
  • Sex:Female
  • Favorite player:
    Dirk
  • Fav. NBA Team:
    dal
  • Fav NFL Team:
    dal
  • Fav. MLB Team:
    col
  • Fav. NHL team:
    ana

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Yeah that is totally unacceptable coming from a lawmaker. Grow up dude, they're all just college kids and you're acting like a faggot. Let me guess he is a Republican?

#4 Michael Bryant

Michael Bryant

Advocate for Kobe Bryant tolerance.

• Elite Member
  • 8,023 posts
  • Favorite player:
    Lamar Odom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

I don't think it's as bad as you guys are saying. He's a diehard fan. Shit, I'd rather let members of the Taliban house sit my condo for the weekend than rescue a boston celtic from a burning building. Now, given his status and position yeah, he shouldn't have said it. But that's it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users